Manual lymph drainage on horses and dogs
The lymphatic system counts as one of the most important detox mechanisms in the human and animal body. It runs through the body similarly to the blood vessel system. The lymph transports antibodies and cell blocks and is essential in the detoxication of our bodies. Manual lymph drainage is a gentle massage technique that encourages the lymph flow. Through stimulation of free nerve ends, relaxation and an overall better wellbeing are achieved. The possible applications are varied. Manual lymph drainage is relaxing, decongesting, stress-reducing, stimulates digestion, purging and detoxifying. In Competitions it can help to prevent the overacidification of muscles, as the toxins are removed quicker and the muscle regeneration is sped up. Please also pay attention to our pointers regarding the use of different massage techniques on animals!
During the course the basic techniques will be taught, as well as the possible applications of MLD on horses and dogs. During the theoretical part all participants will get an insight into the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system, and the various ways that can be used for drainage for horses and dogs.
Veterinarians, Doctors, Physiotherapists, Masseurs, Animal Masseurs, Craniosacral Therapists, Acupuncture Meridian Massage Therapists, all interested
Knowledge of Equine and Dog Anatomy is essential.
- history of the development of Manual lymph drainage by Dr. Vodder
- anatomy of the lymphatic system
- lymphatic drainage of the skin
- deep lymphatic drainage
- general information regarding lymph drainage
- basic techniques (students are practicing on each other)
- the sequences of the manipulations and strokes used on horses and dogs
- advanced techniques
Course costs: € 1530,- (payment in instalments is possible upon request) including course material, drinks, WIFI-certificate and exam fee.
As we like to make sure that it is possible to learn and practice in small groups, please take into consideration that places on our courses are limited.
Please be aware that the course can only be booked as a whole, it is not possible to book individual moduls.
- 1 Training Unit (TU) lasts for 50min.
- 3 moduls (4 days/3 days/2 days) including 1 examination day with overall 216 trainings units (72 TU in class and 144 TU self study)
- course times: 09.00-17.20
- written exam during the second modul, practical/oral exam on examination day.
- 4.-7. March 2021, module 1
- 23.-25. April 2021, module 2 (written exam)
- 5.-6. June 2021, module 3 (oral exam)
To register, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Full name, adress (incl. the country), birth date, birth place, telephone number and email adress.